Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Peoria Pizzas




Pizza! 

We have many great pizza places around Peoria. Photo above is Davis Bros. pizza.

Peoria has a lot of fantastic local joints. 

Oliver's, Aggatucci's, and Leonardo's continue to thrive. 

Seems like any time is a good time to eat pizza. Some people even like cold leftover pizza for breakfast or midnight snack.




Also good are chain pizza places like Pizza Ranch, Aurelio's, Monical's, Papa Murphy's (take and bake), and Firehouse Pizza.

A terrific pizza place is Tyroni's in Bartonville. There is also Dave's Pizza in that town, but I have not tried it yet. 

Photo below is Tyroni's pizza.




I miss Imo's from St. Louis. They were located in downtown Peoria. The pizza was very thin, greasy and flimsy but tasted good. 

Shakey's Pizza Parlor was a favorite with many, but they left Peoria many years ago. Photo below is some Shakey's pizza in a to go box.




We also had Pizzeria Uno's downtown. I loved their deep dish pizza. 

Pegassus in Morton is also on my top list. 

But I usually default to Leonard's or Aggie's.

There once was a place in East Peoria called George's that was also very good. And I always liked Vince's in Pekin. 

And it was fun to eat pizza outside at Peoria Pizza Works in Peoria Heights. Probably still is but I have not been there in awhile. 

I learned how to replicate Gino's East from Chicago. It was fun to make and took no special skills, just good ingredients and patience. 

A local company, Butch's, makes frozen pizzas that are excellent.

Send me your favorite pizza locations and recipes and it might wind up in this blog. 

Now, I wish I had a true pizza oven! Maybe I'll get one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contrary views are cordially welcomed. Praise and agreement are tolerated. However, spam and troll comments will not be published. All comments are moderated and posted within 24 hours. Thanks!