Saturday, March 26, 2016

Who Rocked to the Jukebox?



My first exposure to a Jukebox happened at the Starved Rock Yacht Club in Ottawa, Illinois when I was a little kid. 

My parents were members and we would go there frequently. 

The club sat where the Illinois and Fox Rivers intersected and it had a very cool Jukebox. You could stick in a dime and select a song. 

Or you could fire in a quarter and choose three songs. 





Later when I got into radio I said "I don't pay to play music because I get paid to play it." But those were fun days. I especially liked to watch the Jukebox mechanism move back and forth and select the chosen 45's. That might have been more fun than actually listening to the songs. 

Big brands of the Jukebox were Rock-Ola and Wurlitzer. 

I still love those amazing machines. 

These days we create custom neon clocks, hand made in the USA. 

********************************************

Pictured below are examples of Jukebox related clocks that will enhance your business or home decor.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Contrary views are cordially welcomed. Praise and agreement are tolerated. However, spam and troll comments will not be published. All comments are moderated and posted within 24 hours. Thanks!